I decided to do something fun and crazy…I went purple! I’ve never done any fun colors to my hair before so I was nervous and excited about how it would turn out. Today, I’m going to share with you my experience and the final result.
To achieve these mermaid locks, I used oVertone’s Deep Conditioning Treatment in Vibrant Purple.
Psst..if you’re interested in oVertone’s products, here’s $10 off your first order!
What Is oVertone?
oVertone products are not like traditional hair dyes – they are color depositing conditioners! oVertone does not contain any harmful chemicals – no peroxide, no ammonia, no heavy alcohols, and nothing that will dry out or damage your hair. In fact, the deep conditioning treatment ends up nourishing your hair and making it feel even softer than before. I love the fact that you can change up your hair color as often as you like, with virtually no damage to it. Who says you can’t have both?!
I was super surprised to learn that a conditioner could color your hair. At first I didn’t really believe it, but the proof is right here! It 100% works.
Here are a few more quick bits about Overtone products:
- oVertone can be used on real hair or human hair wigs and extensions
- It can be used for toning, keeping a salon or semi-permanent dye fresh, or coloring without a dye
- This product works for as long as you want it to! It stays bright if you continue applying, and will fade out if you decide to stop
- For brighter results, you can apply to dry hair. Leave it in 10 minutes and rinse with warm/hot water. Per above, wet hair 100% works too…we’re all about choices!
How Do You Use oVertone?
Changing up your hair color with oVertone is quick and easy! Here’s the step-by-step guide.
*Note: oVertone does not lighten or bleach hair, meaning you need to have lightened hair to use this product! If you’re naturally blonde, you are very lucky because you can use it without any additional steps. If you’re dark haired like me, you’ll need to bleach it first.
Depending on how light your hair is, the final result may vary slightly. Here’s a strand test chart from the oVertone website that shows you how the purple will look on varying degrees of lightness.
- Put on an old t-shirt and disposable gloves. It can stain clothes and skin so I like to take this extra precaution.
- Apply to hair. Be sure to saturate all the strands, front and back for best results.
FOR LIGHTER, PASTEL-LIKE RESULTS: Dampen hair before you begin applying the product.
FOR BRIGHTER, VIBRANT RESULTS: Apply to dry hair.
- Leave in hair for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse out in shower.
Check out this video I filmed! It’s my first Youtube video ever!!
Ta-daaa! It’s that easy. You can have fun, colorful hair in under an hour. Hope you guys enjoyed this post! What color should I do next?!
This post is sponsored by Overtone. This complimentary product was sent to me for review purposes, and all opinions are my own.