- L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
- Distilled water or floral water (rose water, orange blossom water, etc.)
- Vegetable glycerin
- Amber or dark blue serum bottle (or a dark opaque container if you don’t have one)
- Optional: Additional additives such as licorice extract, aloe vera gel, Vitamin E, etc.
I don’t have exact measurements for the ingredients because you can estimate the amounts. For people with sensitive skin, I would start with smaller amounts of Vitamin C powder and gradually increase if your skin can handle it.
In a small bowl, add a pinch of Vitamin C powder (about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon). Then add about a teaspoon of water (I used rose water) to dissolve the powder. Once it is thoroughly mixed, add a dollop of glycerin to make the liquid thicker. Adjust the amount of glycerin you use depending on your skin type. Use less if you have oily skin. Then, add any other extra additives if you wish!
I also added some aloe vera gel. It reduces redness and inflammation and is quite soothing, especially after you’ve been out in the sun for a while! Then I also added some Vitamin E from a small gel capsule. The liquid inside is quite sticky so if you decide to use it, use only 1-2 capsules. You could also use Vitamin E oil instead.
This one is quite easy. Put a glob of your daily moisturizer on your hand and simply add a pinch of Vitamin C powder to it. Mix well and apply to your face! You could also make a small batch if you have a small pot to keep your moisturizer in. Just make sure you use it all within a few days.
- Before applying it to your face, test a small patch of your skin to make sure you’re not allergic or sensitive to it!
- Shake bottle before use (especially if you added some oils to it)
- Add a small amount to your hand and pat on face